The root of Takatori pottery
The Korean campaigns (Korean invasions in 1592 and 1597) covering 2 times of Hideyoshi Toyotomi -- the west country -- daimyos were accompanied by many Korean potters, returned, and made every place open the kiln of pottery.
Fukuoka lord Nagamasa Kuroda also one of them, was not built a potter Yayama (Japan name, Takatori Hachizo) to Nogata Takatoriyama kiln to Rei is the beginning of Takatori pottery.
Then, in Nogata-Uchigaiso in 1614 , in Yamada City and Tojin valley in 1624, in Iizuka City, Shirahatasan (now Iizuka Kobukuro ) to move the kiln in 1630 .
Master-of-the-tea-ceremony Enshu Kobori's instruction is received, and the "Takatori Enshu" style is completed mostly these days.
Hachizo died in this area, the second generation Hachizo began a pottery in Koishiwara Tsudumikamadoko 1665.
While moving to Sawara-gun Tajima at the 1688-1704, Hachizou worked, while attending the office from Tsuzumi.
Then the Meiji Restoration until the Takatori family has served the duties of generations Fukuoka clan pottery president.